As a representative of the following organization, I assume full responsibility for seeing that the general rules and regulations of the Hamilton Schools are strictly followed. I agree that the organization will pay for all fees as well as any damages done to district property as a result of use of the buildings, grounds, and facilities. The renter agrees to HOLD HARMLESS the Hamilton School District of all liability.
User agrees to use and permit the use of only those School facilities specifically leased to the User.
- Any organization or individual desiring to use District facilities shall complete an online application and submit it w/ the proper documentation attached.
- The district reserves the right of first claim to the use of its own property. Cancellations may be issued with or without due notice. All approvals are to be granted with this understanding.
- In no case will those who have been granted permits assign, transfer, sublet, or charge a fee to others for the use of school property.
Groups or persons will not be granted permits when the request is for activities or programs not authorized by Board policy.
- Users must take reasonable steps to ensure orderly behavior and will be responsible for paying for all damage associated with their use of the facility or equipment.
- The District reserves the right to request payment of estimated fees in advance.
- Use of tobacco is prohibited. All users are responsible for complying with this regulation.
- Alcoholic beverages and controlled substances will not be permitted on District property at any time.
- The user shall be fully responsible for all loss or damage to District property, including property of students and employees.
- A school custodian shall be on duty whenever a facility is being used. The custodian’s overtime, including clean up time, will be charged at the appropriate hourly rate.
- Responsibility for enforcement of rules and regulations concerning use of District Facilities rests with the user group, and any infractions of the above regulations may be grounds for refusing to grant subsequent requests for the use of District facilities.
- Corridors, exits and stairways must be free of obstructions at all times. Exits are to be lighted when facilities are in use. Members of audience or spectators must never stand or sit so they block exits, stairways, or aisle ways.
- The District will not be responsible for any loss of valuables or personal property.
- Non-marking gym shoes must be worn when using any gymnasium floor.
Supervision of Rented Facilities:
- Each group requesting the use of District facilities must use the services of a District Custodian and must pay for such services.
- Each Group requesting the use of District facilities must indicate an individual, satisfactory to the administrator in charge of the building, who will serve in a supervisory capacity during the use of the District Facilities.
- Supervisors are responsible for the enforcement of all rules and procedures regarding the use of District facilities.
The school district promotes community use of school facilities during the hours when school is not in session. The use of facilities will be prioritized:
- HSD3 Sponsored Activities
- HSD3 Organized Youth Groups
- HSD3 General Community and Incidental Users
- Commercial and Non-Recreational Users
In addition facilities are prioritized by intended use and grade level first (ie. court sports on gyms, middle schools students in middle school facilities). This will be implemented through a staggered booking time, with higher priority events being allowed to reserve before lower priority events.
Group Use vs Incidental Use:
A group is defined as an organized gathering of users, meeting on a regular basis, that engage in playing other groups or teams or operate under the umbrella of an organization or agency. Groups are required to present Hamilton School District proof of group insurance, as listed in the facility use agreement. A copy of the insurance certificate must be on file prior to use of the facility.
On occasion, members of the community may wish to rent our facilities for one-time events, such as special activities, meetings, recreation or camaraderie. The District will make every effort to accommodate these activities, but the nature of the event will determine if the rental can be accepted. Please check with the District Office for insurance requirements or hold harmless waivers.
Final determination of status determined by district administration
Conditions of Granting Lease:
The granting of this lease and its acceptance by User is conditioned upon the following covenants:
- That no alcoholic beverages, tobacco or other drugs are sold or consumed on the premises by User, its employees, patrons, agents, guests or members.
- No illegal games of chance or lotteries will be permitted.
- That no functional alteration of the premises or functional changes in the use of such premises shall be made by User, without specific written consent of School.
- That adequate supervision is provided by User to ensure proper care and use of School facilities.
- Firearms Policy - No firearms, weapons, incendiary devices allowed on premises or grounds.
Obligation of Lessee:
- User shall maintain the premises clean and free from debris at all times.
- User shall permit the Hamilton School District and its agents, free access to enter into arid upon the premises at all times for the purpose of inspecting the same.
- User shall comply with all city, county, and state ordinances, regulations, and statutes that are applicable to use of the premises.
- User shall at all times cooperate with School District personnel.
Fees and Deposit:
User agrees to pay fees for the premises and for other special services such as custodial time, sound equipment, etc. upon receiving invoice. All actual damages, disbursements, and expenses, will be deducted from user's damage deposit.
Lessee Not To Discriminate:
User agrees that neither, its employees or agents, will refuse, withhold from, or deny any of its services, goods, facilities, advantages, or privileges because of sex, race, age, physical or mental handicap, creed, political ideas, marital status, religion, color, or national origin.
*PLEASE NOTE: We are happy to accommodate your facility request whenever possible. If a school event arises that interferes with your scheduled time, district personnel will try to arrange a different facility and/or area. You will be contacted with this information and/or a cancellation request if a facility is unavailable.